Introduced as the Concord bass in 1965, Hagstrom’s Viking bass injects some tactfully chosen vigor into an all-time classic design. This meticulously crafted semi-hollow bass with a short 30.75-inch (781 mm) scale is fitted with Hagstrom’s custom-voiced Dyna-Rail humbucking pickups. A brilliantly designed 6-way rotary switch allows switching between various humbucking and single-coil configurations for a dizzying array of tonal options. From 60’s Brit-rock to modern day low-end goodness, the Viking bass delivers ear-candy galore. All Hagstrom electric guitars and basses include their patented H-Expander truss rod. Providing tension at both ends and running the entire length of the neck, the rigid yet light-weight alloy truss rod allows for a very low action and thin neck, two factors that were instrumental in earning Hagstrom its reputation as the world’s fastest playing guitar. The H-Expander truss rod not only provides ultimate neck stability, but it also contributes to Hagstrom’s unique tone. Longer sustain and a round attack are some of the sonic characteristics the H-Expander adds to the tonal essence of Hagstrom. Resinator wood is a wood composite material that is both more uniform in density and more stable than any standard wood product. These characteristics eliminate dead spots or “wolf tones” sometimes associated with conventional wood fingerboards. Resinator wood has an articulate sound similar to high quality ebony, but without any of the problems associated with ebony. It provides a stable and clear tone, and also adds higher overtones and harmonics which uniquely detail each note. Like our H-Expander truss rod, Resinator wood is a major contributor to the distinctive “Hagstrom tone”.
- Meticulously crafted semi-hollow bass with a short 30.75-inch scale.
- Pickups: 2 x Dyna Rail – Viking Bass N/B
- Pickup Selector: 6-Way Rotary; Neck + Bridge, Single coil (Outer coils); Bridge, Single Coil (Outer Coil); Neck, Single Coil (Outer Coil); Neck + Bridge, Humbucking; Bridge, Humbucking; Neck, Humbucking
- Controls: 2 x Volume / 2 x Tone
- H-Expander truss rod and Resinator fingerboard, providing the ultimate in playing surface stability and optimal tonal enhancement.