Kay Reissue BARNEY KESSEL Pro K1700V Originating in 1954, eventually becoming the Barney Kessel Pro, this was the first of three Gold “K” Series Signature Guitars. At 13” wide, this powerful instrument was created with Singers and Songwriters in mind. The K1700V Pro is the smallest of the three but surprisingly packs the greatest punch. The Kay Guitar Company has reissued the Pro and recreated this unique instrument that appeals to the “vintage” player as well as today’s demanding modern performer. Custom fit wood hard-shell case is included with this purchase About This Guitar: This guitar features a comfortable sized body. . . 13″ wide. Short 24 3/4″ scale for fast fingering and easy playing. . . same electronic equipment as the Jazz Special and Artist. Semi-solid construction assures “solid body” ruggedness and “acoustical guitar” response and tone quality.
- Limited Collector’s Production Run – 24 initial Authorized Signature Models released – includes Kay Certificate of Authenticity provided to Registered Owner. The only brand and models with the original “Barney Kessel” signature. 13″ wide, single cutaway, arched top hollow body, flame maple sides and back. Spruce top.
- Includes a set cantilevered dovetail, one-piece, straight-grained Canadian maple neck with single-ply binding, 22 medium nickel-silver frets.
- Has 9 Block Pearloid Fret-board inlays, 24 3/4″ Scale Rosewood Fingerboard with 12″ radius.
- Genuine Grover “Sta-Tite” tuners, 3 per side, chrome plates with chrome buttons.
- 2 Barney Kessel unique and original “Kleenex Box” Gold K Series single-coil pickups with adjustable pole pieces. 2 Volume and 2 Tone Kay custom “Radio” reflector control knobs, 3-way toggle selector. Custom made wood hardshell case included with purchase!