Kay Reissue BARNEY KESSEL Jazz Special Guitar K8700V Designed in 1956, Kay is the only Guitar Company endorsed with Barney Kessel’s signature. The K87000V Jazz Special is a full 17” wide body. That rich, warm, full body depth is what the discerning Soloist, Blues Guitarist and Jazz Virtuoso have been searching for. Barney Kessel played Kay performing live in concert and in TV appearances. The Jazz Special was reissued in response to player’s requests for this highly praised and limited instrument from the 1950’s. Custom fit wood hard-shell case is included with this purchase ($249. 00 Value) About This Guitar: This guitar features a full-sized jazz body. . . 17″ wide and 2 5/8″ deep. Short 24 3/4″ scale for fast fingering and easy playing. . . same electronic equipment as the Artist and Pro. Semi-solid construction assures “solid body” ruggedness and “acoustical guitar” response and tone quality.
- 17″ Wide, single-cutaway, arched top hollow body, Flame maple sides and back. Spruce top
- Set cantilevered dovetail, one-piece, straight-grained Canadian Maple neck with single-ply Binding, 22 Medium nickel-silver Frets
- 10 Block & split-block Pearloid Fretboard Inlays, 24 3/4″ Scale Rosewood fingerboard with 12″ Radius
- Grover “Imperial” Tuners, 3 per side, Chrome with chrome buttons
- 2 Barney Kessel “Kleenex box” Gold K Series single-coil pickups with adjustable pole pieces. 2 volume and 2 tone Kay custom “Radio” Reflector control knobs, 3-way toggle selector. Case included!