Kel-Von-A-Tor Vintage Reissue Series K161V “Thin Twin” Kay Vintage Reissue The K161 Kay Thin Twin electric guitar was originally introduced in 1952 and was known as the “Jimmy Reed” or “Howlin’ Wolf” model. T-Bone Burnett played a Thin Twin to back up Robert Plant and Allison Krause at the 2009 Grammy Awards. The Thin Twin was the first guitar able to create that unique blues sound from the special Kay interior bracing that made the instrument a favorite among blues players as well as rockers of the ’50s and ’60s.The Thin Twin got its name from it’s two blade pickups, known for their distinctive clean, sharp, sustaining sound. The Thin Twin’s hollow body chamber parallel bracing produces that gutsy, bluesy, raw sound, creating a clean natural distortion without feedback. Body: Single cutaway, tone chambered, hollow body acoustic type, with special feedback-resistant bracing. Parabolic arched maple back, maple sides, 3-ply curly maple top Purfling: Multi-ply checkerboard celluloid binding Neck: Set one-piece straight-grained Canadian Maple with single-ply binding, 20 medium nickel-silver frets and 6 block mother of pearl inlays Fingerboard: 26” scale rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius Tuning Machines: Vintage style, 3 on a side Bridge & Tailpiece: Chrome individual saddle style mounted bridge with height adjustment thumbwheels and chrome trapeze tailpiece Electronics: 2 chrome Thin Twin single coil blade pickups, individual volume controls, 2 individual tone controls, 3-way toggle selector with baseball bat style switch cap, 4 cupcake knobs, side mounted output jack Pickguards: Black and Cherry Red Sunburst have single-ply cream color with crest logo and the Blonde model has tiger stripe tortoise shell Top Nut: Bone Headstock: Original gold chevron displaying the 3-D raised “Kel-Von-A-Tor” style emblem Finish Coat: High-gloss polyester protective polymer Case: Hard-shell Vintage Reissue custom fitted case included. Add $50.00 for CITES Documents.
- Kel-Von-A-Tor Vintage Reissue K161V “Thin Twin” Cherry Sunburst
- Parabolic arched maple back, maple sides, 3-ply curly maple top
- Single cutaway, tone chambered, Hollow Body acoustic type, with special feedback-resistant bracing
- 2 chrome Thin Twin single coil blade pickups, individual volume controls, 2 individual tone controls, 3-way toggle selector with baseball bat style switch cap
- Shipping: Price includes Insurance, Prep (Shop Adjustment, Testing, Visual inspection), Packing, Handling and . Includes Wood Hard-shell Case