As an electric guitarist in the ’80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The latest APX600 features a unique under-saddle piezo pickup. The Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer is featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range. It has a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume, and a new non-scalloped bracing pattern for a responsive, dynamic tone. It combines all the attributes that make it one of the world’s best-selling acoustic-electric guitars.
- Yamaha APX600OVS Thinline Acoustic-Electric Guitar (Old Violin Sunburst)
- On Stage Acoustic Guitar Hard Shell Case
- FEATURES: Features an under-saddle piezo pickup
- DESIGN: Thin-line cutaway body design, and 25″ scale length and narrower string spacing
- FREQUENCY AND VOLUME: Non-scalloped bracing pattern for bass response, and a deeper body for better volume
- SOUNDHOLE: Abalone Rosette soundhole
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Yamaha APX600OVS Acoustic-Electric Guitar (Old Violin Sunburst), and On Stage Acoustic Guitar Hard Shell Case